Saturday, September 17, 2011

(It's really a Sci Fi rant!)

I think one of the reasons I watch Doctor Who is for the theme songs.

They alone, are BRILLIANT! But with the Doctor, they are even MORE BRILLIANT!

I mean, seriously. Fantastic...all shows need themes like that...

This brings me to another point. Torchwood. How theme songs and Torchwood are connected, I have no clue.

From watching the fourth episode (which may I note has seemed to emotionally scar me, however not as much as the Nightmare Before Christmas may scar a three year old [NOT ONE WORD THALIA!]), Torchwood is a bit more...out-right darker then Doctor Who, including one large pterodactyl that quite frankly creeps me out (But that's not really DARK...its just a pre-evolved bird. I think).

BUT...I need to keep watching it. I'm just naturally attracted to Sci Fi stuff like the Doctor, Torchwood, Aliens, weird tech, traveling through space (not to mention time), polar bears in deserts (In deserts that are the dust and remains of New York), and planets where everyones a cat and there are giant t-rex-like things called Tangs, and the destruction of the universe. Again.

But I've never really gotten around to watching stuff like stargate and startrek. I have memories of my dad watching those a lot, however. Have the random memory of random episodes...

...yeah. Oh, and If anyone wants a epica book series that's Sci Fi, read the Pendragon Series. It's about Bobby Pendragon, and how he finds out that he has to save the world (not to mention seven others, and the past and future of earth as well). He travels through space using a 'Floom', this weird...crystal...um, worm hole thing?

Yeah, and he's fighting against this evil shape-shifting demon named Saint Dane, who is bend on destroying everything, because quite frankly, he's not a nice guy.

Ah...well, I'm not sure if I ever quite got what he was aiming at. Causing Chaos? I dunno. Because, in the end he had that creepy 'perfect community', with his headquarters as the taj mahal...but then again he-

I smell pancakes?! WHAT?!

*runs away downstairs*

Oh, and did you ever realize that the magical girl color rainbow is often Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow/Orange, and Purple? It's true. And creepy, kinda.

...now that I re-read this, this is more of a rant about Sci Fi stuff...

1 comment:

  1. NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS AWESOME! IT'S A *CHILDRENS* MOVIE! I WILL MAKE YOU WATCH IT YET!

    (will you watch it with me for my birthday~? *puppy eyes*)

    I love sci-fi stuff too. I think it's from being subjected to repeated marathons of all the Star Wars movies as a child. And I still need to go find Torchwood on Netflix. I was on Netflix earlier, but I kinda....got sad and turned it off when I saw that I couldn't stream the Sherlock Holmes movie.....um........

    .........

    My bro has the Pendragon series somewhere. I think I saw one of the books when I was hunting for places to put all my extra books....

    By the by, did you finish the first episode of Sherlock?

    ReplyDelete